For me, nothing beats foods that are slow-cooked. Slow-cooked foods are always packed with flavor. I never had any slow-cooked meal that tastes bland or lacks in flavor; all of them are amazingly delicious (the kind of delicious that makes you say “Yowza!”)
If you’re on the hCG diet, you’re probably thinking that you are not allowed to eat any slow-cooked meals. You see, most slow-cooked meals, although packed with a lot of flavors, are also packed with unwanted fats and calories.
It is understandable to think that way because slow-cooked foods, at least, those that are not prepared well, do have a lot of unwanted fats and calories.
But in this article, I am going to share with you a recipe for a slow-cooked meal that is guaranteed to be safe to consume even when you’re in phase 2 or phase 3 of the diet.
The recipe I am talking about is none other than the hCG Diet Slow Roasted Beef Brisket. Beef Brisket is a cut of beef that is a little bit tough, that is why slow cooking is the way to go to ensure that the flavor is there.
But, as previously mentioned, a lot of people do not like slow cooked meals, especially of any cut of beef, because of the fear that it has way too many fats and calories. But do not worry! This recipe is very safe, although, you need to invest a lot of time to cook this meal. But I assure you, it is not only flavor but it is very safe to consume regardless if you’re on the hCG diet or not.
So, without further ado, here are the ingredients that you will need:
- 100g Lean beef brisket
- 4-6 stalks celery
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 5 cloves of garlic crushed and chopped
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Chili pepper to taste
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Combine all of the spices in a bowl.
- Rub the spice mixture into the beef, making sure that the spice is well incorporated into the beef.
- Salt the beef as much as you can to ensure flavor.
- Place the beef in a crock pot and fill it with water until half of the pot is filled.
- Add the celery to the water and set the crock pot on high setting for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes of cooking, reduce the heat to low and allow the beef to cook for 6-8 hours (if you’re like me, I’d cook it for 8 hours to ensure maximum flavor).
- Baste and turn the brisket in one-hour intervals.
- If you want the beef to be a bit spicier, you can add a little bit more of the spice mixture if you so desire.
- During the cooking process, fat juices may drip off the beef, in this case, you may want to save some for future use. You can skim the fat and make amazing gravies out of them, but that is not in the scope of this recipe.
- After cooking for 8 hours, put it in a dish and serve it with Horseradish sauce. Enjoy!
The hCG Diet Slow Roasted Beef Brisket is a very flavorful meal and it is safe to consume even when you’re on phase 2 of the hCG diet. The entire dish only has 200 calories tops and it can serve as your protein requirement for the day.